No Clutter Campaign

In my continuing effort to reclaim my house, I have named the process the No Clutter Campaign. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

This week the No Clutter Campaign has moved into my office out of necessity. I have to get my tax stuff organized for my accountant. I’ve made good progress. Not enough to take any “after” photos, but enough that I have a clear table top for sorting receipts.

I’m drawing inspiration from several friends who have either recently moved or are in the process of moving. If I were moving, would I take this item with me? If the answer is “yes,” the item stays. If the answer is “no,” it gets tossed, put in the flea market/Craig’s List bin, or goes to Good Will.

For me, this mindset works better than the old “will I use it/do I love it” question. It’s too easy to think I might have a use for some gadget. I’m too sentimental about too many little inanimate objects. But the idea of packing and moving to a new home is daunting. Do I “love” that chipped coffee mug I use to hold pencils THAT much? Do I honestly believe I’ll EVER use that old 35mm film camera again?

Probably not.

So I’m letting go. Or trying to.

And as we all know, books are an entirely different category. Thank HEAVENS I’m not really moving, because we’d need fleet of U-Haul trucks just for my book collection.


Speaking of books, I’ll be at the Citizens Library in Washington PA this Saturday, January 17 at 2:00. If you're in the area and looking for something to do, I'd love to see you!



I apologize for my website being so out-of-date. My web guys’ mom has been in and out of the hospital, so he’s not been able to do the updates for a while. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Update

Agatha Nomination for Fatal Reunion!

Looking Ahead...